The community of Mississauga-Malton is home to approximately 120,000 residents. The community is home to some of the most hard-working and generous families in Ontario - people who are working for the betterment of not just their own lives, but the lives of others in the neighbourhood.
Mississauga-Malton plays a key role in providing a significant amount of income within Mississauga due to flourishing industries including Toronto Pearson International Airport, Canada’s largest airport, which sees 47M individuals through its doors annually.
We are proud to be in one of the most diverse communities in the province – both in terms of people, and in terms of economic sectors.
Here are some key statistics for our community:
- % born outside Canada: 61.00%
- % visible minority: 78.13%
- Median household income: $82, 406
- Biggest occupation sectors: Sales and service, trades, transport and equipment operators, business and finance sectors
- Median age of the riding: 36.9 years, considerably lower than the provincial median of 41.3
- % of residents who commute: 47.3% - 70% of whom spend between 15 and 60 minutes to get to work
- # of places of worship: 50
- Major employers: Hologic, Matrix Logistics Services, HP, Bell Canada, MHI Canada Aerospace Inc., Air Canada, TJX Canada, Sonoco Canada Corporation, and the Greater Toronto Airport Authority (GTAA)
Popular Attractions & Landmarks:
I am so proud of our vibrant community, filled with various unique cultural, historic, and natural landmarks not found elsewhere in Mississauga. These include:
- Westwood Mall
- Danville Park & Pearson Viewing Deck
- MALTON sign
- Malton Cenotaph & Paul Coffey Park
- CBS Stages
- Pearson Airport
- Paramount Fine Foods & Iceland Arena
- Braeben Golf Course
- Credit River
- Heartland Town Centre
- Victory Hall
- Old Britannia Schoolhouse
- Parkway Belt Dog Park
Especially in light of how difficult it has been for our small businesses during COVID-19, I encourage you to all to support local and to travel local. Buy a gift card from your local BIA, book a staycation in a different neighbourhood, and order out directly from restaurants when possible.