In 2019, a Mississauga-Malton Non-Partisan Constituency Youth Council was established.
Now in its second iteration (2020-1), the MMCYC aims to deal with youth community issues in the midst of COVID, including underemployment & unemployment, deteriorating mental health, and coping with the transition to e-learning
This youth council will allow for young individuals who work, live or volunteer within the riding, to bring their concerns directly to their elected Member of Provincial Parliament. The group will come together to collectively choose an issue they would like to tackle within the riding and do so with the support of the MPP. This youth council will help to:
- Get young individuals engaged in local and provincial politics
- Offer them a safe place to voice their concerns and ideas with an elected member of provincial parliament
- Make an impact within their community
Am I eligible?
- I am between 15-25 years old
- My permanent residence is within the Mississauga-Malton riding boundaries
- I can commit up to 2 hours a week
For more information please email [email protected], indicating that you have filled out the following form. While the application deadline has passed, we would be more than happy to have another youth community member join us. The more the merrier!